Monday 11 January 2010

Made It!

Well despite my last minute fears about missed connections, immigration issues and malicious taxi drivers, everything went pretty smoothly. My iPod packed in just before I left which was a bummer, hopefully it will be ok soon. And it has become quite obvious that i have packed too much, I will have to jettison a few items soonish.
I'm staying at the New Merry V Guest House, a "Good place in Bangkok", which is nice. Just had a tasty yellow Thai curry and a couple of beers in the hotel restaurant, it seems a pretty good place. I think I read too much lonely planet in my room and started getting pretty paranoid about multiple horrific diseases, but it seemed to say that only people who are planning to stay in the area for a while should worry about them. Oh well.
Anyway I'm not going to do much tonight, just going to try and catch up on some sleep, then do a bit of exploring tomorrow. Oh and it was 33 degrees celcius when I landed. Which was quite a contrast. Anyway have fun.

Ben

3 comments:

  1. ah mazza, i was passing heathrow as you were taking off probably. you better be growing a beard. peace out and stay safe
    mouza

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Gorgeous :D
    Glad to hear you got there safe!
    Try and avoid those diseases :S haha
    Take care and stay safe xxxx

    ReplyDelete