Thursday 28 January 2010

Well after a couple of days wandering around and getting lost I met up with Ari and went out with some of her friends, it was good fun. A lot of expats there. Her place has got a great view too.
Then after a week or so I got a sleeper train down to Surat Thani, which is the main ferry port to the islands. That took about 10hrs, I got there at about 6.30am, then was straight on the bus to the port for the ferry to Ko Samui! Which was quite hectic but it worked out well.
In Ko Samui I went to a beach called Hat Lamai, it was a pretty nice area. Quite an old crowd, but I got some good advice and got to watch some footie too. Everyone was very friendly.
And then from their I came to Ko Phangan. This is where the Full Moon party happens, that's in a couple of days now. Met quite a few Aussies out on Australia Day, they were having a pretty good time. We played beach cricket and footie, and I got very sunburnt. Bumped into Paul Speight briefly as well, he had just arrived. Will see him in a few days I guess.
It turns out I didn't bring any way of uploading photos, so I haven't been taking many, and I probably won't be able to put any up for a while. Anyway, having a good time and hoping everyone back home is too.

Ben

No comments:

Post a Comment